Reading is fun!
Here at Fosse Primary School we love to read! And we want you to love reading too!
Some of the things you can do to help your child are:
- Remember that children are not expected to read any words at this stage. Adults do the reading and children can comment on the pictures.
- A short story with large pictures will keep children interested. Don't forget to do the character voices!
- Make it a nice part of the routine. A story every night just before bedtime is a lovely treat.
- If the child doesn't seem interested don't force them. They might like a story another day.
"How can I get books for my children? They have read all the ones we have!"
Don't worry! Here are some handy tips:
- Help yourself to the Nursery Library books by asking your child to choose a book to bring home.
- Join the local library. They have loads of books! You can take out 12 at a time and there are no late fees for children's books.
- If you want to buy a book but they are too expensive you could try a charity shop. I get all my books from there.
If you read regularly with your child you will foster a love of reading that will stay with them forever!