What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is about focusing on the present, and being aware of what is going on both inside and outside, in a non-judgmental way. It’s about noticing physical sensations and emotional responses, as well as your connection to other people and to your surroundings
Why do we need it?
Children might feel overwhelmed by what is happening at present. The events that are taking place right now are not what anybody is used to and children might be very sensitive to the confusion and fear that their grownups might feel. They might show this in a range of ways such as:
- being withdrawn
How will it help our children?
- It helps to increase their attention span
- It helps them to understand and regulate their emotions
- It helps with stress management and general well-being
- It helps them become more aware of their bodies and their senses
- It helps to build a connection with the natural world
- It helps them to develop empathy and compassion for others
Below is a set of links that will help your child with their mindfulness. I will try to add more activities to each link as I find them.